Faculty members in the Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry frequently look for students to help out with research projects. These projects are suitable for a Fourth Year thesis (CHE499Y, or ESC499Y), a project for a Master of Engineering degree, or a Summer Research project in the Summer Research Abroad program.
All faculty have research projects for students. Not all projects are listed below. Feel free to contact faculty members directly to inquire about other possible projects or to propose your own project.
Project Description and Supervisor
- Various projects in the Green Technologies Lab; Charles Jia
- Reduction of aqueous potassium ferrate; Graeme Norval
- Optimizing the Pilot Scale Fermentation Unit for the Production of Valuable Proteins; email S. Tobar
- R&D Industrial Internship in the Area of Recycling Industrial Chemical Wastes; Please direct your current resume to Steve Furlong, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Impact of Kiwi Fruit Addition to Waste Activated Sludge on Improving Biogas Production in Anaerobic Digestion; Contact Dr. Yaldah Azimi for further information and for an opportunity to interview at email@example.com
- The Spreading Behaviour of Drops on an Air-Liquid Interface
- Processing of Algae as a Nutritional Supplement in the Developing World; submit CV and copy of transcript(s) to Professor D. G. Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. P. Schnurr: email@example.com